Sunday, February 26, 2012

VASE

Well VASE was yesterday and I think it went fairly well even if I wasn't there for most of it and wouldn't let my family come see my piece. Porsche went with me though, I trust her, I don't trust many people but I trust her. Also Jackie was participating in VASE. When I went into judging in the morning I was really nervous but I calmed down as soon as I started talking, I had to explain to the judge that it wasn't just me letting my creativity run wild but all it had underlying meanings and tons of psychology references and story references and anomalies and subtext, lots of subtext. So I think I may have confused her but she got the point of the amount of thought and work I had put into the piece and said my attention to detail was almost impeccable, I just needed to work on my values. But I got a 4 so that meant my piece got into the showcase, which is really good. So after I did my presentation, we all went to Jackie's house and watched Sherlock season 2. Long story short, we have 6 minutes left in season two that hasn't been seen yet. So all was well and I got a tie at a garage sale. So then at about 3 we went back to the school and they announced who made it to state and I didn't make it but Jackie did, I was really proud of her, she didn't care that she made it but told me I needed to go with her because it was going to be boring. Fantastic.

Then finally grandma picked Porsche and I up from Jackie's house and we took Porsche home and then Grandma and I watched the old sherlock holmes movies with Basil Rathbone. I fell asleep halfway through the first one and then I couldn't go to sleep at the proper time because my mother kept texting me. I can't wait till I get to Ireland, I need time away from that woman and I cannot wait to leave.

Today was boring. I watched League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and the Oscars are on tonight. I'm really just watching them to get a glimpse of Benedict Cumberbatch. I am crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment