Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Over all, a decent day.

So today was actually pretty good for once, not to be a downer or anything, but nothing bad happened today. I finished my project for VASE, then I had to fill out my sheet explaining the techniques I used, and where I got my inspiration, and what was the concept I was trying to portray and all the that jazz. Well, as I was doing this I realized I'm brilliant! Of course I already knew that, but when I had to pick a name for the painting a couple weeks ago I had been toying with the idea for some sort of experiment. Even if the painting is of a library. So... I left off picking a name till the last second because I was swamped for ideas. I ended up picking the name out of a whim: A study in imagination. Sound familiar? So I was writing down my answers for the questionnaire when I realized that that tiny whim was probably the most perfect name I could have chosen. Because basically I was trying to portray my interpretation of how the creative part of our mind functions, and how we make creative decisions (such as naming something, or figuring out a puzzle) as well as how the "inner child" contributes to all of this. I tried to make it in a way very scientific yet the farthest thing from science possible, and I did this by making myself stretch my own imagination to its outermost limits.

On another note, I finally got a new violin! Its gorgeous and I'm very very excited. I've spent the past four hours getting used to playing again and I guess I never let that information leave my brain, I just put it in the archives for awhile.

Yesterday, Jackie and I started season 2 of Sherlock. Its so much darker than the first season, yet it's so much funnier. I like it, not a fan of Irene Adler though; of course, at first, I wasn't a fan of Moriarty either.

Over all, life is decent

No comments:

Post a Comment